June 13, 2011

Merry Halloween- originally posted 11/03/10

    As always, I'll start off by saying there are only 289 more days until I get to marry my best friend! Eric and I had a great time celebrating the Halloween season. I LOVE HALLOWEEN! To quote Modern Family, "I know Halloween is a crazy-ass holiday for a grown woman to care about but it's MY crazy-ass holiday." I love everything about Halloween. It is  the only time of year that black, orange, neon green, and purple look AWESOME together, you can be whoever you want to be, and it is the one holiday where you aren't freezing your tucus off when you go outside (besides Fourth of July).
    Eric and I took full advantage of the holiday season. We watched lots of scary movies (mostly the classics: Halloween I and II, Scream I and II, The Worst Witch, and best of all Hocus Pocus), we went to the pumpkin patch 3 times, carved pumpkins twice, decorated Eric's apartment, and even passed out candy to trick-or-treaters (only 2 of them but it was worth it!). Eric decided not to dress up. Did I dress up in my "Made in the 80's" Halloween costume even though we didn't go anywhere? You bet your rubix cube I did!
    It's midterm week for me and it is crazy! Although, I did get 50 out of 50 on my Classroom and Behavior Management class so that was a bit of a confidence booster. I have a big presentation to give today on Fine Motor and Adaptive Skills. I am very excited. I also have an 8 page paper due next week so I have to just keep on truckin.
    Wedding planning is moving along slowly but I am trying to do wedding stuff every Sunday. I try to force myself to not do any homework on Sundays. Call me old fashioned but I think Sundays should be a day of rest and time with family. This Sunday my mom and I are going to Salem to meet up with Mandy to go wedding dress shopping. Apparently at this shop they make you try on one dress of every single wedding dress style (Mermaid, A-line, Ball gown, etc) and then they help you decide what is best for your body type and THEN you begin trying on a bunch of dresses from that style. Next Sunday Eric, my Mom, and I have appointments with a possible florist and Sweet Life!

Here are some pictures chronicling one of the best times of the year (besides Christmas season)
Our Halloween cookies
Eric is very handy with the knives

Our pumpkins round 1
Eric's new friend at the pumpkin patch. (This goat was the size of a baby horse!)
On the hay ride at Johnson Farm.
Scarecrows used as target practice on the hay ride.
Pumpkins round 2
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment