June 13, 2011

Counting My Blessings- originally posted 10/04/10

I try to take time each day to think about the many blessings that are in my life. This helps me to feel grounded, helps remind me of just how blessed I am, and always puts a smile on my face. One of the blessings in my life is obviously Eric and there is so much to think about! I think about how truly amazing it is that 16 years ago I was on the playground in the first grade wishing that I could just be Eric's friend and now I am here 16 years later and I cannot wait to be Eric's wife. Sometimes I think back to when Eric and I were in middle school and how I used to tease him. I always think about how funny it would be if I could go back in time and yell at myself, "What are you doing you silly little girl?! That's your future husband! Be nice!" I feel so blessed that God was able to be patient with me until I figured out that my perfect match, my other half, my better half was right in front of my the whole time. I was once asked by my math teacher my senior year who my ideal husband would be and my reply was, "Someone that I meet in college but who knew me back when I was in middle school and beyond". She laughed at me and questioned how that was possible. I didn't have an answer for her but I knew that was what would happen. Leave it to God to answer the seemingly unanswerable questions. One of my favorite things about the relationship between Eric and I is that because we have known each other throughout our formative years and beyond I believe that we know exactly who we are. Eric knows who I am at my core and I know who Eric is at his core. We've seen each other through pigtails and bowl cuts, braces and retainers, growth spurts and mood changes, successes and failures, and besides all that we still loved and supported each other. I have always pulled strength from the fact that Eric has seen me at my worst and still loves me. I trust that Eric knows who I was, knows who I am, and believes in the person I will become. I'm not sure what I ever did to deserve Eric but I plan on spending every day of the rest of my life thanking God for such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment