June 13, 2011

Keep On Truckin- originally posted 01/10/11

Only 221 days until the big day! I love starting each blog off that way. 221 days still sounds very far away but when I think about it that it is only 1 month and 9 days until the wedding will be only 6 months away I freak out a little bit. In a good way of course! Well, this week has been a big week in wedding planning for us. Last Monday we had a meeting with a great videographer who has a style that we love and a pricetag that we loved even more ;)  We had a great meeting and sent in our deposit today! Save-the-dates are also hitting the mail today so be on the lookout! We cannot thank our amazing photographer enough for the fabulous photo we used for our Save-The-Dates and our fabulous stationer angel, Heather, who helped us put together our Save-The-Dates. (P.S. I just tried to shorten "Save-The-Dates" to initials. If you ever want to do this in the future, don't. It's awkward.)
This weekend was the Eugene Bridal Showcase and the dress shop in Salem let me know that my dress was going to be featured in the fashion show so I was able to go to the Showcase to try it on again rather than drive all the way to Salem. Due to other obligations and illness I had to try on my dress alone which was pretty sad but it was nice to be able to be right back with Eric once I came out from the curtain. Sidenote: My parents have been in Arizona for the big Duck game so it has just been Eric and I all weekend. We were driving around last night when Eric said something that made me laugh and I thought to myself, "I never get tired of this. 16 years and I still cannot get enough of Eric. He truly is my other half." So, this morning I called the dress shop and officially ordered my dress. It is being made in Spain so it will not be stateside for another 4 months or so. I am so excited that I found my dress but now I have to decide on a ton of little things: slip, shoes, veil, hairstyle, makeup, jewelry. Ahh!
While at the Bridal Showcase we had the chance to talk to our contact at Brindiamo, Janelle, she is so fabulous. She let us know that we have been approved for....LAWN GAMES AT THE WEDDING! Get your beanbags ready people! We will be the first wedding at Brindiamo to have lawn games for the guests. Trailblazers we are.
We are still working on the florist issue and beginning to try and figure out the tux/suit situation for the fellas. Updates to follow I'm sure. Our love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment