June 13, 2011

Ladies and Legos- originally posted 04/04/11

Only 137 days until our wedding day! We are at a very serious time in the wedding process when everything seems to hit warp speed. It is both exciting and frightening. I had wanted this time to get here so that we could start really working out the tiny details but now I feel like I am gripping on to anything around me to keep me from getting swept away. So many updates. I love lists so here it goes.

  • We have added two new "attendants" to our wedding. I write "attendants" because Eric has not quite decided what to call them seeing as they are his two best friends but also female. As we discussed this transition Eric asked me, "Won't this be a little untraditional?" and I said, "Hun, traditional went out the window awhile ago when we chose 3 flowergirls to be in tutus." Our wedding will be nothing less than us which means traditional in some aspects and untraditional in others. Anyways, back to these lovely ladies. We all went out to celebrate Eric's 23 birthday and I must say it was one of the best birthday celebrations I've ever had the privledge of being a part of (except for maybe my Kristina's 20th :) I remember as we all sat around in a booth at the Side Bar I kept thinking, this is what friendship is about. We had to have these ladies up there with us.

  • Sadly there will be some people who were expected guests who will not be attending the wedding. My friend from college, Adam, will be unable to serve as an attendant due to personal conflict. My brother, Brett, will be unabel to serve as an attendant due to a time conflict with his commitment to the US Army. He will be training in Louisiana. One thing that saddens me the most is knowing that my beautiful friend, Alexis, will be unable to make it to the wedding. Alexis passed away March 6 due to sudden brain swelling. I have been reeling from this experience and miss her dearly. It breaks my heart to think about my wedding and know she won't be there, especially since that was the last thing we talked about. I wish she could be there to tease me about my dress, play the lawn games (and win at all of them), and most of all I will be missing her when all the girls line up to catch the boquet.
  • We went through quite a limbo period for awhile with our venue site. The venue decided to sell off the Event Center that we signed a contract with. We were informed after the fact through an email! Bitter? Perhaps, a little. After a month of wondering if the new owner would honor the previous contracts we finally got word that he has decided to. Turns out the new owner plans to completely change the whole place after our wedding so our wedding may be the last wedding in the space. Bottom line, as of now we are still having the reception at the Emerald Valley Golf Course.

  • Big month for clothing decisions. After a trip to Salem, battling pushy salespeople and swishy suit material, we finally found outfits for our beautiful ladies. A beautiful satin material in a red "Apple" hue. The biggest thank you ever to my beautiful Annie for finding the dresses and keeping me relatively calm through the experience. I love you sweetie!


  • Eric is getting closer and closer to decisions about the boys' outfits. We are still set on grey but there may be changes on if the boys will wear suits or grey slacks with white shirts and God willing, suspenders :)

  • We are also closer to finding Eric's perfect wedding band. He is really liking the Tungsten rings but the only drawback is that they cannot be resized so you have to send your ring to them and they send you a new one. At first, that bothered me but then I figured that could be an awesome chance to do something special to remember and renew our wedding vows. I love any reason to celebrate!

That is all the wedding news that we have but we also have big life news. Eric's brother and sister-in-law are expecting a beautiful baby boy! We found out last weekend that we are going to have a nephew! I have Mandy's text saved in my phone saying that I'm going to be an aunt. I feel so honored and I seriously cannot wait for this little man to get here. Adam and Mandy are letting Eric and me plan them a baby shower. I am so excited! We came up with what we think is a genius theme: Legos!

No comments:

Post a Comment