June 13, 2011

2 Years and 6 Months- originally posted 11/22/10

Today is full of numbers so strap on your seat belt. Today, Eric and I have been together for 2 and a half years. Today is also 6 months since we were engaged. Today there are only 270 days left until our wedding! So exciting! Ok so updates. I've been doing a lot of school work today so I think I am going to continue the trend of outlining.
  1. Last Sunday we got to go CAKE TASTING! We have chosen a patisserie in Eugene called Sweet Life. Eric and I have had countless date nights that ended up at Sweet Life and ever since we were engaged we have been peeking in their wedding cake window waiting for the day that we could go in. Well Sunday was that day and we had a great time looking through albums of different cake designs and colors. At the end of our appointment we were handed a huge box of cake that had 6 different kinds of cakes, and over 15 different compotes, mousses, whipped creams, custards, and ganaches. We took it home so that we could enjoy all the tasty combinations with Mom and Jeff.
  2. After a floral appointment we rushed over to Nick and Nora's Classic Interiors to meet with our paper guru, Heather. This lady is amazing, dream it and she can put it on paper. We discussed final plans for the save-the-dates and Eric and I went home and created the graphic. Eric is quite the graphic designer. I am always in awe at his creativity!
  3. Last Friday the local radio station KDUK was doing their annual Stuff The Bus drive which raises food for Food for Lane County and toys for Toys for Tots. I was pulling into the parking lot where the drive was happening to drop off some things I picked up from Safeway when they announced on the radio that the first person to bring in a toy would get qualified for a grand prize drawing for a Black Friday shopping spree. It was completely serendipidous that I pulled in at that same moment. I didn't think much of it until this morning when I got a call and the man said, "This is Chino, hold on 2 minutes". I continued to make my peanut butter and jelly sandwich and then get my books together to leave for school when it was announced on the radio that I had won! I am very blessed to receive such a gift that will enable Eric and I to get fabulous presents for all of our deserving family and friends while still being able to save for our wedding and future life together. I felt like giving a million angels high-fives. I hope you know that feeling :) Here is a recreation of my face this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment