June 13, 2011

THE Dress- originally posted 11/08/10

Ok, I am so excited that I cannot even begin my schoolwork so I have to use the blog to get some of this out. Yesterday my mom and I went up to Salem to look for a wedding dress. The salon works in a way where they have you try on one dress of every style, then figure out what style looks best on you, and then you try on a bunch of dresses from that style. One dress was chosen and I did not want a dress from that style but I said that I didn't care and would put on whatever they wanted me to. So I tried it on, and fell in love (not as in love with Eric but still, it was love). It was a confusing love though, I stood at the full length mirror with my head cocked to the side, I loved it but I wasn't sure why. This dress is completely and utterly me.
    I have been watching Say Yes To The Dress on TLC and have been very confused by the things they say. They always say, "You'll just know when you put it on", "Sometimes the dress finds you", and other cheesy things. I didn't think any of this was true. They also say that girls dream about their dress more than the wedding day itself, so not true when it comes to me. I really didn't care that much, I wanted a dress but I didn't dream about it... well, not until yesterday. That dress made me a BRIDE. I love that this dress looks like it belongs on me, I want to wear this dress AT ALL TIMES, I would wear it every day of my life if I could, I didn't want to leave it. I am so ashamed that I am going to say this but I didn't want to leave that dress there with all the other dresses, I wanted to give it a good home. Gosh, I make myself sick. But seriously people, this dress, oh my gosh! A woman at the dress salon came into our little area and said, "Wow, that is very 1950's, very Grace Kelly." Thank you for the compliment lady, I couldn't ask for anything better. Now I just hope Eric will like it :)
    I am going to still go to at least one more shop, maybe in Portland, before I decide. I do not want to be the bride that chooses a dress and then decides she doesn't like it 1 month before the wedding. It all works out though because the dress shop will put the dress on sale in January for their trunk show so I can wait until January and still get the dress for the same price. It will take 4-6 months to get here though because it has to be made in Spain. Fancy shmancy. I don't want to get ahead of myself but I LOOOVE this dress and I hope that it is THE ONE. I'm pretty sure it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment